DBE/ACDBE Liaison Officer & Program Administrators Training
- Day 1 (Certification Intensive) Tuesday, August 20, 2019 | 8:30 am - 4:00 pm - The ins and outs of DBE and ACDBE certification.
- Day 2 (Program Administration) Wednesday, August 21, 2019 | 8:30 am - 4:00 pm - DBE/ACDBE Program Administrators and Procurement Professionals Training, covers all of the detailed essentials of 49 CFR Part 26 and Part 23 needed by hands-on program administrators.
Additional registration is required for the DBE/ACDBE Liaison Officer & Program Administrators Training. One day and two days registrations are available.
2018 was a year of big changes and new guidance for the DBE program. Our DBE/ACDBE Liaison Officer & Program Administrators Training has been enhanced to cover the following:
- The new Tax Act changed Business and Individual Tax, which will impact certification analysis
- 7 new USDOT Guidance Documents Issued in 2018, Covering topics such as:
- Oversight and Monitoring
- Training for DBE Certification Staff
- Good Faith Efforts for Design-Bid-Build Contracts
- Calculating Personal Net Worth of Individuals that Own Multiple Businesses
- State and Local M/WBE Goals
- Timely Processing of Certifications
- Prompt Payment
Meet Your Instructor: Denise Bailey, Principal-in-Charge of Milligan & Company LLC’s Consulting Department
Ms. Bailey has an engineering background, graduating from Drexel University in Philadelphia. She has been with Milligan for 25 years.
Ms. Bailey is a subject matter expert in a variety of areas in the aviation, transit, and highway transportation industries, including project management, grants administration, civil rights (DBE, EEO, Title VI, and ADA), and procurement. She provides legislative insight and interpretation to many of her clients and leads the firm’s efforts in support of initiatives sponsored by the Transportation Research Board.
Ms. Bailey is the Principal-in-Charge of several country-wide USDOT engagements, including Comprehensive Grants Management, Procurement System, ADA, Title VI, DBE, and EEO Reviews.
She also serves as Principal-in-Charge for several direct engagements with transportation agencies, including the State Departments of Transportation for Alaska, Missouri, Massachusetts, and New York. She also manages engagements with the Philadelphia International Airport, D.C. Department of Transportation, and Houston Metro. For these engagements, she works directly with the transportation entities to ensure their compliance with regulations, to develop oversight and compliance mechanisms for their subrecipients and contractors, and to make recommendations on common business practices to align with industry norms.
In addition to her role as firm Principal, she enjoys teaching and provides such services to AMAC, the National Transit Institute, and Federal Transit Administration.
Milligan & Company solves the most complex financial, accounting, operational and management challenges for small and medium businesses, public corporations, not-for-profit organizations, government entities and individuals.
We meet the goals of our clients in an increasingly demanding regulatory and economic environment. Our commitment to excellence, outstanding client service, dedication and skill of our staff, have all contributed to making us a leader in our profession.
Milligan is one of the largest minority-owned CPA firms in the United States with offices in Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD; Cherry Hill, NJ and Washington DC.