Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy. The U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington Metropolitan District Office has announced that they are accepting nominee applications for the 2017 National Small Business Week Award categories.
The Nomination Deadline is Monday, January 10, 2017 by 3:00 p.m.
Nominees can be submitted for the following award categories:
- Small Business Person of the Year Awards – anyone/self- nomination
- Small Business Exporter of the Year – anyone/self- nomination
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award – may only be nominated by a Federal agency
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year Award – may only be nominated by a Federal prime contractor
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year Award – anyone/self-nomination
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award – anyone/self- nomination
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award – anyone/self- nomination
Nomination Deadline: Monday, January 10, 2017 by 3:00 p.m.
Nomination Submissions and Guidelines: Award nominations may be submitted in hard copy or hand delivered to:
U.S. Small Business Administration
Washington Metropolitan Area District Office
Attn: Shuraie L. Mackin
409 3rd Street, SW, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20416
Phone: (202) 205-6392
No matter which method is chosen, nomination deadline is January 10, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. ET. SBA will no longer be using the Small Business Week online portal. All nomination packages may only be hand delivered or mailed to an SBA Office. Email submissions of SBA Awards forms will not be accepted as they contain personally identifiable information (PII).
For More Information: If you have questions about SBA’s award nominations or award criteria, please contact Shuraie Mackin at (202) 205-6392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.