The AMAC Foundation Mentorship Program supports career level professionals as more individuals are actively pursuing mentoring to advance their careers. AMAC members can utilize this opportunity to connect with another professional and further develop leadership and communication skills, expand viewpoints, and consider new ways of approaching situations and problem solving. As partners, both mentors and mentees advance their careers in the process.
Our trusted mentors can help mentees with the following:
- Gain valuable advice – Mentors can offer valuable insight into what it takes to get ahead. They can be a guide and "sounding board" for ideas, helping mentees decide on the best course of action in difficult situations. Mentees may learn shortcuts that help them work more effectively and avoid "reinventing the wheel."
- Develop knowledge and skills – Mentors help identify the skills and expertise needed to succeed. Mentors teach mentees what they need to know, enhancing leadership skills.
- Improve communication skills – Mentees learn to communicate more effectively, which can further help you at work.
- Learn new perspectives – Mentors can share new ways of thinking. Mentors can also learn from their mentees.
- Build a network – Mentors and mentees can offer opportunities to expand networks of personal and professional contacts.
- Advance your career – Mentors help mentees stay focused and on track in their careers through advice, skills development, and networking.