Greetings from the Airport Minority Advisory Council! Preparations are well underway for our 32nd Annual Airport Business Diversity Conference, which will take place August 19-23, 2016 in Cleveland, Ohio. Hosted by Cleveland Airport System this annual event, appropriately themed, "Rocking & Rolling Together: Promoting Diversity Inclusion in Airports" will examine trends and best practices for new entrants and veteran attendees alike.
The Annual Airport Business Diversity Conference offers several innovative stage formats as well as customized options for interested speakers. When developing the conference curriculum, our goal is to provide a balanced program that meets the diversity of attendees and variety of interest levels of the conference audience, all presented by speakers of the highest quality who represent the organizational goals of AMAC.
GENERAL SESSION - Roundtable Discussions & Debates with Seating for 1,000 plus! Roundtable Discussions and Debates are a true highlight of each AMAC Conference. This is where the Who's Who of the industry and political circles give high-powered and pointed presentations and engage in lively talks and panel discussions.
WORKSHOPS AND BREAKOUT SESSIONS - Trends, Ideas & Steps for Success! What are the trends that are emerging and ultimately shaping airport contracting? You tell us! If you are an airport director or commissioner, concessionaire, architect/engineering/construction firm, consultant or a game-changing entrepreneur, this is your chance to present your fascinating and topical ideas and projects in an informal address. Workshops and breakout sessions typically include up to 100 knowledge-hungry attendees.
CRITERIA - When reviewing submissions, we evaluate the following:
- Is the presenter someone who can credibly address the subject in-depth?
- Will attendees receive information by attending the session that would be unique, fresh, germane to their interests and challenges, and could not be located easily in some other fashion?
- Does the approach appear to be a useful vision or best practice versus a vendor pitch?
- Is there a presence of high-level intros that address key pain points?
- Can real-world case studies be incorporated into the presentation?
- Will this be an actionable session that dives into a specific and common pain point?
- Relevancy: Does the talk answer a question the market is struggling with?
- Controversy: Is the answer interesting or counter intuitive or does it just address conventional wisdom?
Real world: Does the talk show that people are really doing this, or is it just in theory?
SPEAKER EXPECTATIONS - If your proposal is selected, we expect you to:
- Commit to presenting, no last minute switchouts. This is an opportunity for our attendees to learn from you and for you to establish/enhance your credibility within this industry.
- Share your presence at the event with your social networks. Speakers that are active online and help drive attendance are more likely to be asked to return to speak again (pending good reviews).
- Meet the deadlines outlined in the online speaker center for hotel booking, slides, abstracts, etc.
Contribute one informational blog post or short video about the content of your session to be posted on the AMAC website and Social Media.
PROPOSAL INFORMATION - If you would like to be considered as a speaker for the AMAC Annual Business Diversity Conference, please click on 'Submit a Proposal' and include the following information:
- Title of Program(s) - Be sure to keep with our established theme for this year's event: "Rocking & Rolling Together: Promoting Diversity Inclusion in Airports."
- Contact Information - Full name, title, firm/organization, address, city, state, zip code, phone, email
- Speaking Opportunity Desired - Name the session and include four to six points that describe the specific issues you plan to cover.
- Time Needed/Desired - Let us know how much time you would like to dedicate for the actual presentation and the time you would allocate for audience question/answer period.
- Proposed Co-Presenter(s) - If appropriate, identify any additional persons you feel would be meaningful to the presentation and our audience. Specify how each will interact within the panel/presentation and relate to the topic. Note: While multiple people from the same firm/company are encouraged to submit proposals for a particular program, please be aware that AMAC does its best to not pair two speakers from the same firm on the same session and we limit the number of speakers from a particular company/firm on each program.
- Type of Materials - AMAC encourages speakers to provide practical take-aways, such as sample contract language, draft policies, or checklist as a part of their written materials. Please indicate what type of take-aways you anticipate providing.
- Biography - Please attach a resume or curriculum vitae that includes a list of previous presentations. Please also indicate whether or not you are a member of AMAC and if so, list any other activities with which you have been or are currently involved, what leadership position(s) you hold or have held, whether you have authored an article or publication, and/or whether you have spoken at an annual conference, regional forum or other AMAC program.
A Note Concerning Honoraria
AMAC has a tradition of using educational conference sessions as a platform for innovation in airport contracting. We look for contributors who are willing to share their expertise without expectation of payment in the spirit of networking, a purpose for which AMAC was founded. AMAC will reduce the advance conference registration fee by $150, or provide complimentary one-day access the day a speaker or panel member participates. Complimentary one-day pass does not include access to evening or other fee-based events.
Proposals Due Friday, May 6, 2016 | Speaker Selection and Notification by May 16, 2016SPEAKER APPLICATION SCHEDULE SUBMIT PROPOSAL